More productivity, more features, and tier 4 final compliant
Komatsu America Corp., a leading global heavy equipment manufacturer, today introduced the new PC170LC-11 hydraulic excavator at the CONEXPO-CONAGG 2017 tradeshow. Featuring a 121 net horsepower, EPA Tier 4 Final, SAA4D107E-3 engine, the new PC170LC-11 is a versatile, all-purpose construction machine that offers an enhanced power mode for up to six percent more productivity.
“Just spend a day with the new PC170LC-11 – you’ll be pleasantly surprised by its capability and comfort,” said Andrew Earing, product manager, Komatsu America. “This machine has power beyond its size, yet is light enough to be transported on a 40,000 lb. tag trailer. From digging basement foundations, to larger municipality work, this machine has a wide range of versatility,” Earing said.
In addition to the enhanced power mode, the following features and improvements come standard on the PC170LC-11 excavator:
- A new viscous fan clutch, which provides up to five percent higher FWHP rating and reduced sound levels.
- Auto idle and auto idle shutdown system, to reduce fuel consumption and provide better management of nonproductive extended idle time.
- Reduced hydraulic pressure loss within the main valve.
- Platform mounted DEF tank with sight glass for easy access and filling.
- A standard ISO/Backhoe pattern-change valve makes it easy to switch joystick patterns, to accommodate specific operator preferences.
- Six work modes match engine speed and pump flow to various applications.
- Operator ID provides the capability to view KOMTRAX® data by job, application or operator.
- The wide, spacious ROPS and OPG Level 1 certified cab features design upgrades that help reduce cab noise by two decibels and elevate the cab to among the quietest in its class.
- KOMTRAX® level 5 technology feeds the operator machine data, such as fuel and diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) levels, Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), regeneration status, location, cautions and maintenance alert information.
- Updated, large, seven-inch LCD monitor has a new split-display mode, showing both a rear-camera view and key machine-gauge data at the same time.
Another operator-friendly enhancement is the various centralized engine checkpoints, providing easy access to engine oil and filter, the drain valve, fuel drain valve and water separator drain valve.
The PC170LC-11, whether rented, leased or purchased, is covered by the Komatsu CARE® program for the first three years or 2000 hours, whichever comes first. Komatsu CARE includes scheduled factory maintenance, a 50-point inspection at each service and up to two complimentary Komatsu DPF exchanges and up to two DEF tank flushes in the first five years.
Komatsu America Corp. is a U.S. subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd., the world’s second largest manufacturer and supplier of earth-moving equipment, consisting of construction, mining and compact construction equipment. Komatsu America also serves forklift and forestry markets. Through its distributor network, Komatsu offers a state-of-the-art parts and service program to support its equipment. Komatsu has proudly provided high-quality reliable products for nearly a century. Visit the website at www.komatsuamerica.com for more information.